Bored with Asian food for dinner/lunch, I decided to make Chicken Sausage Roll. It's pretty easy, I just use Puff Pastry instead of home-made one (saves so much time too).
- 500 g puff pastry
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 750 g chicken mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon each of ground sage, black pepper, white pepper, salt, ground/grated ginger
- 4 finely chopped spring onions
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200 deg. C. Lightly grease two oven trays.
- Mix half the beaten eggs with the remaining ingredients in a large bowl, then divide into 6 even portions. Spoon the filling down the centre of each piece of pastry, then brush the edges with some of the egg. Fold th epastry over the filling, overlapping the edges & placing the join underneath, Brush the rolls with more egg, then cut each into 6 short pieces. Sprinkle the pastry with sesame seeds after glazing.
- Cut 2 small slashes on top of each roll, place on the baking trays & bake for 15 mins. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 deg. C & bake for another 15 mins, or until puffed & golden.
Serve with tomato/chili/sweet chilli sauce.